-------help on dbox2 phillips for french guy---------------

Gast arkantos666

Empfohlene Beiträge

Gast arkantos666

Hello, i have baught a "phillips dreambox2", i dlike to use a funcard or other for decrypting viacess channel under tpsscrypt and other sat.

how do must i proceed for changing the firmware, which software using, which firm........i dont find find a french documentation, so please help. :oops: :D

so thank if you could help me

The dbox2-Philips with the original Betanova firmware is not able to decrypt other systems outside Betacrypt and Irdeto. TPS-France sends in TPS-Crypt (Viaccess1) and Mediaguard2 (seca2). If you want to decrypt TPS, you've to upgrade the box into Linux. With the right Linux-Firmware (with Card-EMUlator on board) your box becomes the possibility to decrypt all other systems. Irdeto1, seca1, Viaccess1(TPS-Crypt), Nagravision and Conax is able to decrypt without smartcard (also without fun-card). To use all other cards from other systems, you've to install a multicam-hardware for using slot-2 on your Philips-dbox2.

Gast arkantos666

i got already linux neutrino installed in my dbox, but how upgrading my firmware, which logiciel, and which firmware may i use, (alex firm is good???)

thank a lot

Gast arkantos666

is it impossible to flash the dbox with a rs32(modem cable by exemple) cable and a pc????you must use network necessarily????

does anyone got an english or french documentation???a sheme of the cable.

thank a lot from france

The Box will be flashed by network-cat5-cable only! The 0-modem-cable you need only to protocoll the returned scripts from dbox. You MUSST have a 100% TPC/IP-network-connect with PC<->DBox .. without this, you'll not be able to flash the box or read out 'em.

Gast arkantos666

ok, but i cant put the phillips dbox in debug-mode, when i push the down arrow key at the boot, a menu appear and ask me to choose between =

- neutrino

-neutrino kard

-emergency.

which step may i use for debug mode???

Your box is allready in debug-mode. Check the IPs on your PC and dbox - obvious you've wrong IPs and your box boot up.

IP example:

PC: 168.254.150.2

dbox: 168.254.150.3

The dbox-IP you find out at the dbox-options / network (in you dbox-menu). You can also change the IP to your favorite (if you want). Only the last dezimal byte have to be different (see IP-example). You can test the connection by follows..:

- connect the dbox via cat5-network-cable and 0-modem-cable with your PC (PC is on)

- switch the dbox on

- now go into MS-DOS-Window and type.. ipconfig

The IPConfig gets your all connected adapters and IPs. Check it out for your dbox-connection. If you have allready connected, start dbox-boot-manager and swith your dbox out of power. Now you go at dbox-boot-manager on "utilities" and choose "Read Flash/Image = Image auslesen" - with'em you can Test your connection and compatibility with your PC. Are you able to read the flash without errors, so you can go the next part and flash the box with new image.

P.S. NOTE! If you don't have a network-HUB, so you musst connect the dbox over cross-over-cat5-cable! Only with a 10/100bit-HUB (or 10bit) you can use the normal 1:1 cat5-cable.

-> "The AlexW-Firmwares are stable and you can use it." <- but the original AlexW-Images don't have EMUlator-modes on board, so you'll not able to see TPS without Card. Try to read out your dbox - you have success, so post it here and we'll see how to find the right image with emu for you.

Gast arkantos666

Hello,

first thank a lot for helping.

SO i have do like you say me.

i have check all the ip (dbox ip, and network card ip), everything is ok

but when i try to read the image of my dbox or when i try to connect to mydbox it seems to unwork and the prog send me this messages :

Request from 00:60:97:7F:55:51 - There is something wrong!

BootP> Der Request kommt von der Netzwerkkarte selbst (und nicht von der DBOX), wahrscheinlich

BootP> laufen eine Firewall oder irgendwelche anderen Server im selben Netz?

BootP> Answer sent!

so the problem is, the connection between my pc and dbox, is wrong, this message tell me to check my firewall, so i have disabled my firewall, but it to the same, i have also tried to changed the MEDIA SENSING setting but always the same..............

im gone test on an other pc, if you have further information reply,

thankthankthankthankthankthankthankthankthankthankthankthankthankthankthankthank

thankthankthankthankthankthankthankthankthankthankthankthankthankthankthankthank

t

hankthankthankthankthankthankthankthank

Gast arkantos666

i forgot, i im running under WINXP pro, my ethernet card is a 3com 10/100mbit, my firewall is norton, so if there are special setting in windows again, tell me...............